Sunday 7 December 2014

One leaf at a time........soooo relaxing...........





Happy days - tis the weekend YeY!!!  and mines a crafty one - non stop crafting x
Hope your weekend is all you wants it to be too my lovely friends :-)

Today I'm just popping by to share a few (or more tee hee) piccys from a 12" x 12" piece I created for my début as a dt member with Clarity Stamps over on Create and Craft.tv

So.......
....a big thank you to Barbara and her team for all their help so I could get my creations from 'A' to 'Z' and my lovely and talented teamies for their warm welcome and help - MWAH to everyone xoxo

 ......and
....... Barbara.Gray your wonderful and generous words today mean so much, thank you from the bottom of my heart <3

Here we go......
.....I'll add in where I can what delights I've used along the way too.......

 I used the Oak leaves from the beautiful Oak leaf wreath in this divine set of stamps -  PRESS HERE to take you over to Clarity Stamps n peep at the stamp set x

lol fussy cutting was the name of the game.....
....an Archival Ink Pad - Potting-Soil, a book page or 2 to stamp on to, a brown paper bag too make beautiful rustic leaves, a cuppa tea or 3 or 4, a warm cosy room, feet up, tv on and a sharp pair of scissors - sooo relaxing xoxo


 Now if you peep closely, you can see I've used crackle on the brown paper bag leaves - Finnabair/Prima art Extravagance texture paste - Clear Crackle and after applying the paste on the stamped/fussy cut leaves let the paste fully dry before applying Titanium White PanPastel with soft tool art sponge - wipe off excess dust with a wet wipe and then the magic happens, all those lovely cracks appear and your left with a wonderful dusty shabby chic oak leaf x

 I'm a little bit obsessed with Stencilling and texture pastes at the moment in my shabby chic art - so I was delighted to find this awesome stencil in my dt delivery - to say I got excited is an understatement cos its a real, real beauty which I know will be much loved and well used - a go to piece in my stash x - go peep at it HERE - Large Leaves
I used a palette knife and  Finnabair/Prima art basics modeling paste through the Large Leaves stencil and when dried built up layers of Pan Pastels (violet extra dark, permanent green tint, hansa yellow tint) with the soft tools.

 Derwent  XL Graphite and Charcoal blocks add the speckles and dark, dark depth BUT I add these as final, final touches only and set them so they along with the PanPastels don't/won't smudge x
Calico fabric, Tim Holtz Crinkle Ribbon (and my old Singer sewing machine) add soft  touches and interesting textures, I also sprinkled on Finnabairs mica flakes - mulberry, cos I loves 'em lol
I adhered the wreath rings to the background and the Oak leaves on to the wreath rings using Finnabair/Prima art basics 3D matte gel
My 'ART' tag is created using one of the ClarityStamp Word Chain stamps - there are many really useful words in this series of word chains (see the whole range of word chain stamps and the rest of the stamps used by Barbara and the dt HERE) which you can mix n match to create sentences too or if your like me I simply stamp out all the words and cut up all the individual letters to create my own words - like my piece below shows 'BUTTERFLIES'





Awe - that's me for blogging today - thanks for stopping by and peeping ;-)
Hope you've enjoyed and I hope you like all the links I've popped in there for you to go and investigate :-)))

I'm entering my 'Wreath'  piece into the following challenges x
Mixed Media Place - creative gym exercise 2
PanPastel UK - challenge 28 - Colouring

Speak laters lovely friends....
Kassa
MWAH xoxo

23 comments:

  1. Absolutely fab-u-lous!!! I'm always amazed at your attention to detail, those fussy cut leaves must have taken ages to do ... but well worth it! A true work of Art xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning pieces thank,you for sharing with us xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pieces, love the rustic charm of the wreath and the delicate colours on the second piece. Fabulous texture on each too. Lovely. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're gorgeous Karen. You must have a lot of patience for all that cutting! It's so worth it though. I'd love either of them on my wall. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm SO PLEASED your talents got snapped up Karen! They are lucky to have you sweetie x And what a way to start your new adventure. I'm right there with you on the fussy cutting front and adore the way you've gone the extra mile with each and every leaf on this first piece. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next... Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two very stunning projects and adore all the layers, texture and interest you have added to both. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. Love the wreath and the butterfly project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing work, Karen ! Great way to start your new venture !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wreath is a true labour of love and what a debut piece for Clarity. Really beautiful and congratulations on joining the DT. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Karen, both beautiful.- all that cutting out though! Would have driven me mad!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Karen sooo beautiful. I love them both. Just stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, wow, wow, totally stunning both of them, really truly fabulous, you have inspired me!! So much work for sure, but so worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love them both so much, so very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  14. Swooooon. ...stunning projects missy. ... They are so very lucky to have you!!! So much work ..love them both. Wheee you joined in over at Pan Pastel UK ...Good luck ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just popped over from UPA. I am stunned! These makes are terrific! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Masterpieces Karen. So happy to have you on board! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Outstanding Kassa.....truly beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Spectacular creation, you can see the hard work determination and love that has been poured into it. Gorgeous colours and textures indeed :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely amazing projects - thank you so much for entering the PanPastel Challenge. Yvonne PanPastel DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both projects are amazing!!! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful. Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are so amazing! Love love love the wreath! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge! <3

    ReplyDelete

From time to time i'm sorry to say that I will have to turn on comment verification - tis spam city over here at the moment - thank you for understanding xoxo